Arsenal haven’t introduced any new accidents forward of the go to of Liverpool.
Emile Smith Rowe and Mohamed Elneny are their solely confirmed absentees.
Liverpool anticipate to have the identical squad obtainable from the Champions League win in opposition to Rangers, though Curtis Jones has since returned to coaching.
Arthur Melo sustained a muscular harm forward of that match and stays out, together with Andy Robertson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita.
CHRIS SUTTON’S PREDICTION
The best way Arsenal went at Tottenham final weekend was spectacular, and bodes properly for this recreation too.
Whereas the Gunners are taking part in properly and are stuffed with confidence, issues nonetheless aren’t proper at Liverpool so far as I can see.
Jurgen Klopp’s facet had been very comfy in opposition to Rangers within the Champions League on Tuesday however they weren’t examined defensively. Right here, Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Jesus will not give them a minute’s peace.
I believe Liverpool will rating, regardless that they haven’t fairly clicked but this season, however Arsenal’s attacking expertise are going to trigger them plenty of issues on the different finish.
Sutton’s full predictions v Scotland defender Ryan Porteous
- Arsenal have gained simply one among their final 14 Premier League matches in opposition to Liverpool.
- The Gunners may undergo 5 successive league defeats in opposition to Liverpool for the primary time of their historical past.
- Liverpool have gained their final two league fixtures at Arsenal, as many as of their earlier 20 visits. They’ve by no means gained three consecutive away league matches in opposition to the Gunners.
- Arsenal are on a run of 13 consecutive league video games and not using a clear sheet on this fixture, conceding 39 objectives in these video games.
- Liverpool are two objectives in need of changing into the second membership to attain 300 league objectives in opposition to Arsenal, emulating Manchester United.
- Arsenal’s tally of 21 factors after eight matches represents their third-best begin to a Premier League season. They’ve twice had 22 factors at this stage, ending second in 2005 and third in 2008.
- The Gunners have gained seven successive Premier League dwelling video games, together with 4 this season.
- Nonetheless, they’ve gone 9 top-flight matches and not using a clear sheet on the Emirates since March’s 2-0 victory versus Leicester.
- In final season’s Premier League, Arsenal misplaced 5 of their six matches in opposition to the groups that completed within the high three, together with all three on the Emirates.
- Gabriel Jesus has scored 5 objectives and assisted three in his first eight league appearances for Arsenal. Solely Erling Haaland, with 12, has been concerned in additional objectives this season.
- Jesus is unbeaten in all 51 top-flight matches during which he has scored, profitable 48 of these fixtures.
- Eddie Nketiah has scored 12 objectives throughout his final 15 begins for Arsenal in all competitions
- Liverpool may fail to win any of their opening 4 Premier League away video games for the primary time since 2010-11 underneath Roy Hodgson.
- The Reds have conceded the primary objective in 9 of their final 11 league matches however have solely gone on to lose as soon as – a 2-1 defeat in opposition to Manchester United in August.
- They’ve dropped factors in 5 of their seven top-flight fixtures this season.
- Liverpool’s tally of 10 factors is their lowest after seven video games of a Premier League marketing campaign since 2014-15 underneath Brendan Rodgers. The fewest factors a staff has had after seven matches and gone on to win the title is 11 by Manchester United in 2002-03.
- Jurgen Klopp’s facet have the worst first-half report within the division. They’ve trailed on the break in 5 of their seven video games and have failed to attain a first-half objective of their three away fixtures.
- Diogo Jota has scored six objectives in eight Premier League appearances in opposition to Arsenal, together with 5 in 4 for the Reds.
- Jota is averaging a objective each 67 minutes in opposition to the Gunners, the very best ratio of any participant in Premier League historical past to play a minimum of 200 minutes in opposition to them.
- Roberto Firmino has 5 objectives in six league appearances this season, as many as he managed in 20 appearances final time period.
- Klopp has misplaced solely one among his 18 aggressive matches as Liverpool supervisor in opposition to Arsenal, though two of the attracts led to penalty shoot-out defeats (one within the Neighborhood Defend, one within the League Cup).
Predict Arsenal’s beginning XI for his or her subsequent fixture – keep in mind you may change the formation!
Predict Liverpool’s beginning XI for his or her subsequent fixture – keep in mind you may change the formation!
- Our protection of your Premier League membership is larger and higher than ever earlier than – this is the whole lot it’s essential know to be sure you by no means miss a second